Monday, October 29, 2007

From Nancy Caldara

I thank the church and God for the opportunity of extending Christ’s love to others!

I thought about whom I could best help and use the money wisely. I was thinking about pooling the money with a few others in my small group and helping some other people but after praying about it, God brought some others to mind.

I have a co-worker that just lost his mother about a week and a half ago. He had not seen his mother in twelve years and was going to go see her in Nov. He doesn’t make a large salary, always glad to help others and has a wonderful attitude. He left on his trip the night before I was going to approach him. I wrote a note to him saying how much he is valued and appreciated, that I was sorry for his loss of his mother, that he and his family were in my prayers, and hoped this would help with a need and help to encourage him. I added the Pointe Project card and some money. I put it in his mailbox. Waiting to hear how that goes.

I also reached out to a single mom with a young child on my bowling league that I have known for years. She is a dear person, very kind and thoughtful. She recently lost her job and struggles at times to make ends meet. She has got another job but know that she buys for her daughter and often forgets about herself. I purchased a gift card, included the Pointe Project card and included a note and gave it to her. In the note I wrote expressing how much she is valued and loved by God and others and hoped that would help with a need or concern. I also wrote the gift card was not from me. She was so thankful! I will be anxious to share more about the Lord.

No comments: