Saturday, October 27, 2007

From Chris Robison

My name is Chris Robison and the Sunday that they gave us the money.Somebody immediatelycame to my mind, I have a friend that is going through a very bad divorce.With a husband that is not paying any child support to help feed and carefor her two children. So I went home that night and prayed that if there wasanyone else out there who needed the money more that God would show me andif He didn't I was meant to give it to my friend. As her need was greater, Iwent out and bought three bags of groceries and made her special doughnutsfrom my job I took the hundred dollars and the card and placed it in the box of doughnuts. I took it over to her and told her there was a specialdoughnut in the box just for her, and when she saw the money she started torefuse. I stopped her and I told her that it wasn't from me and at that timeshe looked very confused and said "What do you mean it's not from you?" andI said "It's not from me it's from God." and she still was confused andlooked at me and said "How can it be from God?" and i told her that it is agift from God. So I started to explain to her how our church had offered agift from God for us to go out and give in His name. She said the hair onthe back of her neck was standing up and said that it was a very specialgift for a church to give and said that we must have a special church to goto. And she was very greatfull and used it to help her children. She is achristian and and is very greatfull. As a christian I felt priveliged togive this gift in God's name. And it's an experience I will never forget andneither will she.Thank You- Chris Robison

No comments: